Where things will go your way...or they won't

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Once it was the 80s(and I WAS THERE)

The radio has been playing some oddly sentimental (read cheesy)songs for me the last couple of days. First I heard Your Love by The Outfield.


THE OUTFIELD lyrics

This song reminds me of ex-married girlfriend who was the first person to mention The Outfield to me in fifteen years.
BEST LINE: "Josie's on a vacation far away."
Immediately followed by the classic Rick Springfield joint Jessie's Girl.


SPRINGFIELD RICK lyrics

This song came out when I was like seven or eight and I remember jammin out to it in like the third grade. This is not for story telling purposes, I used wait around to hear that song on the radio for hours. Embarrassing but true. More on this later...
BEST LINE:" wanna tell her that I love her, but the point is probably moot."
Then this morning I heard Crosby Stills and Nash's Southern Cross.


CROSBY STILLS AND NASH lyrics

This song reminds me ... well of me. And the Galapagos Islands because that is the only place I have seen the Southern Cross. Also doesn't fit with the eighties theme but whatever.
BEST LINE:"We never failed to fail it was the easiest thing to do."

I have to say that I think that Jessie's Girl is probably the most embarrassing song that I LIKE. I mean I can't admit this to anyone. I my defense it does ask the immortal question, "Where can I find a woman like that?" What about you, fearless readers(all three of you), what is the most embarassing song you like? Go crazy in comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Song of shame that I pretend not to listen to;

Every Rose Has it's Thorns.

Makes me very nostalgic.
Kind of like a cowboy and a sad, sad song.

Nik said...

To go along with your lyrical posts may I offer you an assignment? You have been tagged (by me) to post 7 facts about yourself and then tag 7 more people in the comment section of those people's blogs.

Hilary said...

Hi, I am (occasionally) reader #4. I used to stay up at night listening for Lady in Red. Its pretty embarrassing I know but in my defense...I'm a girl! But I have no excuse for the fact that I know all the lyrics to Bon Jovi's New Jersey album!