Where things will go your way...or they won't

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Utah, not such a red state after all?

Bush approval ratings are finally below 50%. And to update my voucher post, Prop. 1 was destroyed in the voting booth.

This seems strange to me, in a state that has a U.N Free Zone, and overwhelmingly supports any law that bans same-sex marriage, somehow defeats a pet project of the right wing's continuing disenfranchisement of the poor campaigne.

Maybe it was because the the SLC mayoral race brought out Democrats and Republicans just couldn't get excited about anything not involving sex?

Oh noes, it was the stupid Utah voters who crazily question the powers of the free market to save us all.

Voucher supporter Overstock.com chief executive Patrick Byrne - who bankrolled the voucher effort - called the referendum a "statewide IQ test" that Utahns failed. "They don't care enough about their kids. They care an awful lot about this system, this bureaucracy, but they don't care enough about their kids to think outside the box," Byrne said.
I know that I spend most of my time masturbating to the wondrousness of bureaucracy, that is when I am not involved in cabalic Stalinist meetings planning the overthrow all that baby jesus loves. But wait... It might not be my fault this guy says...

Doug Holmes, a key voucher advocate and contributor, said, "We started hugely in the hole and it's always been the case. The unions have done this in four different states, where they take the strategy of confusion to the people."
Yes, I knew it was the unions, ever since we got that eight hour work day, confusion has been rampant. Seriously, how can I focus when I am grinding for the man only eight hours a day. Imagine if I had health care insurance, then I would be really confused. So confused, that I might think that I should unite with the freedom loving black people of South Carilina... Oh no that's the voucher wingnut again.

Byrne said the referendum defeat may have killed vouchers in Utah, but "There are other freedom oriented groups in other states - African-Americans in South Carolina are interested in it."

Is this guy fuckin serious? Don't shop at overstock.com. ever. please.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Good advice. I hate that woman who says "O" all the time on the ads anyway. Utah, according to a Johns Hopkins study, is the only state without what they termed in their study "dropout factories." This is not to say that the schools are good or that they have to deal with many urban troubles, but they don't suck the most. Isn't that nice?